Bellum Pax
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellum Pax's Guild Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED

Go down 
+2
Brinsonar
Beat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bokstav

Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED Empty
PostSubject: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 11:50 am

PERSONAL INFO

Char Name: Bokstav
Player Name: Jesper

I'm a social guy from the northern parts of Sweden with a sence of humor. But at the moment I'm stack in the south! I like to drink coffee, alot. And sometimes kick my wife's dog. The reason that I'm applaying to you is that I wanna progress further into ICC without being in a hardcore-guild that raids like every day.

CHARACTER INFO

Class: Paladin
Specs: Retribution (M) Holy (OS)
Raid history:

Naxx 10/25 - Cleared
OS 10/25 - Cleared
EoE 10/25 - Cleared
Ulduar 10 - 14/14 cleared. 8 HM's
Ulduar 25 - 11/14 cleared. 5 HM's
ToC 10/25 - Cleared
ToGC 10 - Cleared. with "A tribute to skill"
ToGC 25 - 0/5

RAID AVAILABILITY
Days you can raid: Mostly everyday with some exemptions
Hours you can raid: Mostly evenings. And when I sign to a raid I show up in time!
Back to top Go down
Beat

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:03 am

Bokstav wrote:
PERSONAL INFO

kick my wife's dog.

That is meant to get you where?
Or are you just handicapped and type random bullshit?
Back to top Go down
Bokstav

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:35 am

It was more of a joke, the dog don't like me, and I don't like it either.
Back to top Go down
Brinsonar

Brinsonar

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:23 am

Bokstav wrote:
It was more of a joke, the dog don't like me, and I don't like it either.
lol
I know that feeling. Only the otherway around. The dog off my parents loves me to much. I am happy it is a female btw. So no humping on the leg Razz
Back to top Go down
Typhuse

Typhuse

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:34 am

Hard question for you.

What can you bring utility wise to the raid, to stop us wiping.

Theres a serious answer and a stupid one, im sure brin or huc can say the stupuid one:P
Back to top Go down
Brinsonar

Brinsonar

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:08 am

Typhuse wrote:
im sure brin or huc can say the stupuid one:P

Lets give it a try:
I can assure you that you wipe sooner so you can have more tries?

If you need more pratice then please let me tank so I let you wipe even more then Huc does... Keeping aggro is overrated. Healers should do their job and keep everybody alive I tell you...

Well gonna troll some other forum....
Back to top Go down
Bokstav

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:23 am

Well, I think it's hard for one single person to prevent other people to die from things. But I would do my best to ensure that people know what to, including myself. Also read up on tactics and such Smile
Back to top Go down
Typhuse

Typhuse

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:41 am

Kind of a vague answer.

Let me rephrase it.
Tell me what you think, a ret pally brings to a raid.

For example, me as resto shammy stabilises raid wide dmg.
GO!
Back to top Go down
Bankai

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:17 am

Phew aren't we strict today

just answer " 9 other people if the guild finaly decides to invite me"
Back to top Go down
Bokstav

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:38 am

I can do DPS! Also buff the other in the raid.
Or am i meant to tell something else I can do?
Back to top Go down
Brinsonar

Brinsonar

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Why Your Raid Should Consider Having a Ret Pally

The Paladin class is meant to support. Therefore, there is a lot going on behind the scenes when you bring your Ret Pally into the raid. If you get caught up in just looking at the Dmg meters of your Ret Pally, you’re missing a large part of the picture.

I. Another Round of Pally Buffs
II. Dmg Buffs to the Raid
III. Light and Wisdom
IV. Ret Pally Dmg
V. The Math behind it all

Keep in mind that throughout all of this, we are not talking about “losing a healer” we are talking about moving out your raid’s lowest dpser.

I. Another Round of Pally Buffs

Back in the days of 40 man raids, it was very simple to have at LEAST 5 Pallys in your raid. Therefore, you were able to have the main 5 of the 6 pally buffs. Kings, Wisdom, Light, Salvation, Might. (the 6th is Sanctuary which only a prot pally would have).

Having your buff bar bloated with these 5 pally buffs was an easy thing to have, however, now that the raid size has shrunk to 25, having all the pally buffs up at once has become more difficult. Most raids now will run with 1-3 Pallys. This forces people to pick the pally buffs that are most important to them and run accordingly.

With a Ret pally, you are able to add another round of blessings. In addition, Ret will bring Improved Might (some, but not all, holy pallys have this). This brings normal BoM from 220 to 264 AP.

Imp. Blessing of Might adds 20% to the 220 AP.

220 + (.2 x 220) = 264AP

1 DPS = 14 AP. Therefore: 44 AP adds 3.14 dps per dps class that uses it.

In our example raid, 12 people would use BoM.

12 x 3.14 = 37.68 dps for the raid

An additional 44 AP spread out to your hunters, rogues, warriors, and any other melee dps is a nice buff. This is an additional 37.68 dps for our raid. Not significant, but nice non-the-less. The main advantage is that this frees up the ability to have that extra round of buffs. Be it Light, Wis/Might, or Salv… it’s nice to have.

II Dmg Buffs to the Raid

1) 3% Crit to the Raid

This is one of the larger buffs offered by your Ret pally. Because it has been moved up in the talent tree, there has been a lot of talk of having your holy palls pick it up. As someone that has raided for 2 years I can honestly say when I’m spec’d holy, it’s VERY difficult to run in and judge/hit the boss every 20 seconds. It wastes a LOT of valuable healing time. Is it doable? Yes… but it is far from desirable.

As far as a DPS boost, 3% crit adds approximately 2.5-3% more dps to the raid. This is not exact since some classes don’t rely upon crit much at all and some classes get extra benefit from doing crits. In order to save a lot of time and guesswork, I just go with an approx. 2.5-3% increase to your raids dps ( use 3% for the calculations). If your raid does, say, 14,000 dps… that is an additional 420 dps provided by 1 person in addition to their own normal dps.

2) 2% Dmg Aura to the Group

A Ret pally has an aura that increases the holy dmg done by 10% and ALL dmg done by 2%. The holy dmg part really only applies to the pally (since there aren’t many smite priests raiding) but the 2...

This is a story from 2007. I think Ty is looking for something like this? Very Happy

Look here for the whole story Very Happy
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3414083409&sid=1
Back to top Go down
Bokstav

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:19 pm

The question in say was pretty vague is there is a million responses to it, be it funny ones serious ones or plain simple theory of facts ones, As Brinsonar is posting there is a fact answer in say and yes we all remeber the good old days of molten core and black wing lair (never did beyond vem & co in aq40 before tbc ) the paladins were healers firstly, even tou the setbonuses or just tier part were plain wierd setup for us, dps were pretty much a joke there and a joke in tbc for most part (well horde paladins had alot better with the Seal of Blood then allience with Command) and not forget the Windfury totem that was pure awesome back then before they changed it anywho to bring up to speed for lich king expansion where its set now you can see a Ret paladin bring

A good set of damage specilly in ICC where they are all undeads and we all know how paladin likes to smite them with +dmg to undeads. Blessing is a pretty set in stone as Imp.might is a given and 3% crit (wich other classes also brings ) 3%haste (this aswell) but they still give the Wisdom judgment witch is a god sent to every mana users (looking at you hunters) yes protection and holy paladins can do this aswell and therefor if you have 2 or more paladins in raid you always discuss prehand wich one will do what judgment.

But besides that we can look harder into what you get depending on your specc, you can get Divine guardian wich takes away a small amount of dmg for the raid 10% less dmg for 6 seconds on the raid, we also got hand of freedom but not used so much so can leave that one out, we also got Blessing of Protection (every paladin got that) but its awesome if someone accidently (or wanted to) pull aggro or add goes for another player besides the tank get to it and voila, you save there lifes ,,,unless its a caster add then your screwed. Hand of Sacrife is a small shieldwall witch is great to use on the tank during hard hitting phases like mimiron, rotface (think i got it right) and hardmodes inside Toc, or just random encounters where you want to lighten the load of the healers a little since HoS only take 100% of your HP all you need to do is to get a small flash heal off on yoursel and it wont kill you (works with bubble if you want to be really safe)
Can talk about the Divine storm gives a small amount of HP to people but meh its so bad that even if you glyph it its still a joke.

A second dispeller of magic / poison / desise wich can lighten the load of another healer and in worst case you can toss of a few heals here and there if you see someone about to die and no healers is healing him atm (usally happens only in pugs but still , if your fast you can save them untill the healer gets of a heal)

Mostly everyones (including myself) speccs into AM ( Aura mastery) wich doubles the effect of your current aura or makes everone immune to interupts / silence with conecntration aura, so double resistences during hard magic phases is great also.

but to answer this short since i noticed now that it got out of hand a little, Decent damaged unless vs undead were we can top it, you bring utility like cleanse small heals and dmg reductions and not forget about the wonderful blessing of kings.

anywho think thats all for me
Back to top Go down
Typhuse

Typhuse

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Thats what I wanted to know. You know something about the class talent's buffs to raids and utilities.
Back to top Go down
Bokstav

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:10 pm

thank you
btw
Wall of Text crits everyone for over 9000
Back to top Go down
Brinsonar

Brinsonar

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 am

Bokstav wrote:
thank you
btw
Wall of Text crits everyone for over 9000

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Typhuse

Typhuse

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 3:34 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
Goshie

Goshie

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:10 am

when ty askes you what u bring 2 the raid, just say "im an imba ninja" thats what i do, works every time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alexis

alexis

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 6:33 am

Bokstav wrote:
And sometimes kick my wife's dog.
/sigh
meeen.... u always tend to torture ur wives' animals...only tht beat likes to kick and torture my cat but when it comes to his dog noone is allowed to touch it
Back to top Go down
Brinsonar

Brinsonar

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:03 am

Anyways... Welcome to the guild Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Bokstav

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:42 am

Wow this application is turning out to be real popular, never seen theese many post before in a single application.

fyi the dog looks like a big black rat and a pig and a bat had mated and had a offspring, it got the face of a rat , the ears of a Bat and the tail of a pig and its size is as small as a chiwawa and it got almost no fur (well it got no fur its like a fake fur on it)
Back to top Go down
Brinsonar

Brinsonar

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:45 am

Bokstav wrote:
Wow this application is turning out to be real popular, never seen theese many post before in a single application.
Well I can assure the guild chat and Vent is not mucht better :-P

Bokstav wrote:
fyi the dog looks like a big black rat and a pig and a bat had mated and had a offspring, it got the face of a rat , the ears of a Bat and the tail of a pig and its size is as small as a chiwawa and it got almost no fur (well it got no fur its like a fake fur on it)
Watch out here. These critters are the one women have the most feeling for. Just because they are like they are. Better just let the subject be Razz
Back to top Go down
Beat

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 am

Gimme a break i told her not to put the cat in a cage and in a cold place so we can sleep for a change
Back to top Go down
Bokstav

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:27 am

I have a cat (and the cat looks atleast like a normal cat nothing a hybrid of wierd things)

and if either the cat or the "dog" gets close to the bed they will feel the force of my voice , bed if offlimits to animals

anywho any officer i should know of that could give a invite or do i get a random whispers while playing?
Back to top Go down
Bankai

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:13 am

raid leader = granthar / typhuse or xaiver is your best bet as he is bit earlyer online then other officers i think. and haven't yet discovered a day he's not online (can be said pretty much of me also).

guild leader = ionstorm (also a bit of handy info).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED   Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED Empty

Back to top Go down

Ret/Holy paladin application - ACCEPTED
Page 1 of 1