Bellum Pax
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellum Pax's Guild Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Focus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Typhuse

Typhuse

Guild Focus Empty
PostSubject: Guild Focus   Guild Focus EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:20 pm

Should the following seem fair to you guys, because we need to get into TOC asap so we can get into Ice Crown Citedal quickly. My idea was to implement this in Janurary.

Ulduar

I propose we get mim on farm and then we reduce Ulduar to a single day and sue the save for 2 weeks so we can get more time for new guild focus - TOC. ACHIEVED

Toc
I think Toc should be moved to guild focus soon, because Ulduar is close to finishing.
We need to take the best group we have to TOC imo, because it needs a base lvl of 3k dps from all dps, plus we need 2 tanks with 40k hp plus. ACHIEVED

When we have killed 3/5 of the bosses in toc, I think we should have already killed all of Ulduar, so that we can stop going there as a guild run.

TOC heroic
Wowiki says that if you can farm toc heroic you will be able to have no problems with first boss in Ice Crown Citedal (ICC) so I think this would be a good goal to aim for.

ICC

WHen Toc heroic is farmed we can say to people cant pug ICC anymore and make it a guild focus.

IN PROGRESS
Want to know your thoughts.

As a try out, from the 27th of May we are doing the following:
Thursday: 25man ICC
Friday: weekly raid Optional.
Sunday: ALT ICC.
Monday: Team Ty and Bankai ICC raids Part 1.
Tuesday: Team Ty and Bankai ICC raid Part 2.

Last edited by Typhuse on Wed May 26, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Typhuse

Typhuse

Guild Focus Empty
PostSubject: Reason for proposal   Guild Focus EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:12 pm

In general there are these two descriptions for a semi causual guild worth mentioning about:

Quote :
The Progressive semi hardcore guild.
These type of guilds raid to a rigid structure, they progress fast through content by doing what ever it takes in the time they allot, but they lack the 12 hour stints of the hardcore. This type of guild will see content fast and be very skilled at their jobs. They will also raid to a schedual that allows you to hold down your job and spend time with family friends ect. They will generally be run by very experienced raid leaders who know what they want.

The Semi casual guild.
This type of guild progresses through content at a moderate rate, they generally raid at sociable times, people are not penalised for missing a night or two here and there and they have plenty of spare people. The downside to this is that the amount of raid time you see will be less but it will be much easier to manage. Also you will clear content at a moderate rate but quickly fall behind the other two types of guild. Chances are though you will some what catch up as content is made more accessable to casual players.

With more deteerminationa, better raid behaviour from some members and the being critical fo members I hope to change the guild from the "semi casual guild" to the "Progressive semi hardcore" because lets face it Bellum Pax now has what it takes with the new members to get results.

Currently gear wise we are behind, but with fast progress through TOC, TOC heroic we shoudl be able to cut straight through ICC.

Then again there is the causual guild:

Quote :
These guys go to 10 mans at weekends occasionally 25 mans, but if there are not enough people on they dont mind. They generally raid for a few hours 3 times a week and are very accomadating.

There are also raid alliances which operate outside of guild structure that fit into most of the above catagories but generally are Casual or semi casual in nature.

Try and identify which type of guild you want to be in long term, do not use each one as a stepping stone to the next as eventually you will get a reputation as a guild hopper, or worse a loot%@%*! and once this happens very few guilds will be interested in you. Reputation matters, people talk some more than others and some GM's pro-activly look out for each other by advising of problematic recruits.

Never go into a guild looking to change them, it wont be welcomed if you upset the status quo.

Look into a guild, read previous applicants, talk to members or even CL/Officers people you know try and find a guild whose mentality ethos and general personality match your own. Read their forums, if they have one, the majority of guilds have a public section for people to post in.

All im asking you to do, is not raid like the last set of people, do your dailies and know the boss fights and pool your knowledge with the others.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Deado
Admin
Deado

Guild Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Focus   Guild Focus EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 5:34 pm

ty u meant toc10 hc or toc25 hc coz toc25 hc is goddamn hard ... at least anub is altho he is a free kill on 10 normal.

but the tactix arent changing the hard part is that the normal 10men mode is much more forgiving when u go to hcs u have to be sure that everyone knows what to do ... and not just that u have to ensure they are used to the fight. It happend to me several times that i knew the fight i read /watched all the tectix and all the stuff and even been there before once but it wasnt enough. U are not allowed to be surprised by anything u have to be sure what to do when u have certain buffs n debuffs. If u can clear toc10 on normal it shouldnt be a problem tho Smile

gl there i wish i could be there :S
Back to top Go down
Typhuse

Typhuse

Guild Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Focus   Guild Focus EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 5:15 am

To update people reading this, we skipped ToC 10man heroic because we found ICC easy:P

Check the kill list to find out what we've done guys.
Back to top Go down
Typhuse

Typhuse

Guild Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Focus   Guild Focus EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:02 am

Today ( April 21st) the decision to mix the 2 pre-existed groups was made for the benefit of everyoens happiness.

At the moment the second group due to shorter raids and lack of experience generally (but this isnt a bad thing before people complain) achieved 5/12 in one week.

Therefore they should from now on get on
Thursday 7or 8/12.
Monday 8-11.
Tuesday PROGRESS.
Back to top Go down
Typhuse

Typhuse

Guild Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Focus   Guild Focus EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:26 pm

bump due to changes on post 1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content